Industrial Automation Basics
Tuesday, September 22nd
For those outside of traditional industrial automation disciplines, Control Engineering has created an introductory course covering the basics of industrial automation and controls. The course will cover the basics behind the control loop (sense, decide, and actuate), products that provide those functions, and supporting technologies that connect them (such as networking and software).
- Cover the concepts of the control loop and products (sensors, logic devices, and actuators) that perform those functions.
- Examine the importance of networking and communications for control loop accuracy.
- Understand how software integrates the functions and facilitates control loop optimization.
- Discover how technology advancements are challenging and enabling greater industrial automation advances.
- Review key terms for industrial automation to aid understanding.